The Renishaw RA816 Biological Analyser
The new RA816 Biological Analyser
Use the RA816 Biological Analyser to identify and assess biochemical changes associated with disease formation and progression. There is little to no sample preparation, and no contrast agents or tags are needed.
The system provides a practical solution for analysing biological samples:
- Easy to use hardware and software
- No need for stains or labels
- Minimal to no sample preparation
- Obtain full range of biochemical information (no need for prior knowledge of specific molecular targets)
The system is designed specifically for biological and clinical sites:
- Compact and transportable
- Optimised microscopic technology:
- Autofocusing (LiveTrack™ focus-tracking technology)
- View samples at low and high magnification with minimum effort
- Dedicated disease classification model building and testing
- Dedicated tissue accessories and substrates
- Designed for disease model transferability between instruments
Download more information
Product note: The Renishaw Biological Analyser
The Renishaw Biological Analyser is a compact benchtop Raman imaging system that redefines tissue and biofluid analysis. It is easy to use, yet gives rich biochemical information about the biological samples being analysed.
Application note: Classification of brain glioma tumours using the Renishaw Biological Analyser
In a study conducted with the University of Oxford Neuropathology Department in the United Kingdom, we demonstrated discrimination between diseased and healthy brain tissue using the Renishaw Biological Analyser - RA816.
Application note: Monitoring of transdermal drug delivery in skin using the Renishaw Biological Analyser
Detecting the presence and depth of penetration of drug compounds in skin can prove challenging, current technologies fail to achieve adequate penetration through layers of dermal tissue. In this study, Raman spectroscopy using the Renishaw Biological Analyser - RA816 confirmed the presence of a topical compound in the epidermis and reticular dermis with high specificity and sensitivity.
Find out more
Latest Biological Analyser news
Renishaw has collaborated with scientists at The University of Manchester to show the ability of Raman spectroscopy to analyse skin tissue.
Presenting ground breaking Raman work at the Cancer Research UK Brain Tumour Conference Renishaw has collaborated with scientists at Oxford Radcliffe Hospital to investigate the capability of Raman spectroscopy to classify gliomas, in terms of their genetic subtypes, using different pathological preparations.