Additive manufacturing for serial production of orthopaedic implants
Croom Precision Medical has chosen Renishaw as their additive manufacturing (AM) and metrology partner, utilising Renishaw technology throughout the production and validation of their ISO13485 certified medical devices.
The company has found that using Renishaw's AM technology allows them to incorporate complex features into their implant design at a commercially viable cost. They also report that Renishaw's built-in AM software, used in combination with Renishaw's metrology solutions, allows them to maintain traceability throughout their manufacturing process, which is essential in a heavily regulated environment.
- Case study: Additive manufacturing for serial production of orthopaedic implants [795kB]
- Case study: Additive manufacturing for serial production of orthopaedic implants [113kB]
- Orthopaedic implants [62kB]
- 3D print file generated using QuantAM build preparation software [2.0MB]
- Acetabular cup build in progress on RenAM 500M AM system [24kB]
- In-process inspection with Renishaw OSP60 probe with SPRINT™ technology [56kB]
- Patrick Byrnes Research and Development Manager at Croom Precision Medical [1.8MB]
- Croom Precision Medical has invested in a RenAM system [2.1MB]
- Acetabular cups on build plate [1.3MB]