Additive manufacturing for surgical instruments and accessories
Metal 3D printing surgical instruments
As surgical techniques improve, surgeons need ever more advanced instruments to support their procedures. Whether it's customising the instruments to the surgeon, to the patient or to the procedure, metal 3D printing makes it possible to tailor devices to the surgeon's specification. With rapid prototyping capabilities, AM technology can greatly reduce the development time, helping your products get from design to manufacture as quickly as possible. With Renishaw's additive manufacturing technology, manufacturers can develop innovative instrumentation in a range of materials, including titanium and stainless steel, which could ultimately lead to smoother surgical procedures.
Benefits of metal AM for surgical instruments
- Rapid prototyping, on the same platform as production, aids quick progression of novel designs and features
- Economically feasible to print multiple custom designs in one build
- Incorporate complex structures which can add functionality to the instruments
- Design and manufacture one-off instruments to meet the surgeon's needs
- Part consolidation can help reduce production assembly time
All brand names and product names used on this website are trade names, service marks, trade marks or registered trade marks of their respective owners.
All products may not be available in all territories, contact your sales representative for further information.