Ballbar diagnostics aid airframe manufacture
5 June 2017
Without periodic checking and maintenance, CNC machine tools can lose positioning accuracy and introduce errors over time. Machining complex, high-value airframe components, BAE Systems turned to a wireless ballbar system to provide the machine tool diagnostics data it needed to maximise quality and productivity.
- Case study: BAE Systems - Ballbar diagnostics aid airframe manufacture [2.6MB]
- Case study: BAE Systems - Ballbar diagnostics aid airframe manufacture [104kB]
- An XI Squadron Typhoon at sunrise in Akrotiri, Cyprus © BAE Systems [675kB]
- Eurofighter Typhoon in flight © BAE Systems [3.3MB]
- Logo: BAE Systems - Inspired Work [42kB]
- Renishaw QC20-W ballbar [2.3MB]
- BAE Systems employee, Jim Walsh, with Renishaw QC20-W ballbar [2.1MB]
- The Renishaw QC20-W wireless ballbar for machine tool performance diagnosis [3.0MB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.