Applications for the 2020 intake are now closed.
Manufacturing Apprentices will learn and develop engineering skills and knowledge through onsite work placements and studying towards nationally recognised qualifications.
- You will learn a range of skills including soldering, assembly of products, machining, and maintenance of equipment.
- You will rotate around the division in different placements, spending time in production, machine shop and maintenance.
- You will be required to work shift patterns as part of some of these placements. Learning will be done through a combination of day release and on the job learning.
- Throughout the apprenticeship, you will meet regularly with our apprentice team to make sure you are on track for your End Point Assessment.
- You will transfer off the scheme into either production, machine shop or maintenance – this is based on where your skills fit best.
Who is this apprenticeship for?
Production and manufacturing areas can be challenging, fast-paced and highly demanding, where deadlines must be met, and work and products are produced to a high standard.
We are looking for people who:
• enjoy practical, hands on tasks either in school or at home
• work well under pressure
• like seeing the output of their days' work
• are flexible enough to deal with the changing demands on production and production techniques
What qualifications do I need?
• GCSEs at a minimum of Grade D/Level 3 including Maths, English and Science.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences.