Software Engineer Apprenticeship - L6
Renishaw's Level 6 Software Engineer Apprenticeship enables you to combine studying for a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions with challenging work placements.
Level 6 Degree Software Engineer Apprenticeship
Taught in partnership with the University of Exeter through a flexible blended learning model, your studies will include:
Three residential stays at the university, including lecture tutorial and workshop time, along with the opportunity to meet with peers from other employers.
Online learning to be undertaken during the working week, including webinars, interactive activities, reading and assessments.
Reflective practice, assessment of project work undertaken in the workplace.
The inital software apprenticeship training programme will comprise of core programming skills, software design and development processes, project management and business analysis. This is followed by placements in Renishaw software development groups.
You will be based at Renishaw's Charfield site. During the apprenticeship you may also be required to work at the company's other sites in Gloucestershire and South Wales.
• Either three A Levels at AAB, with one in either Maths or Physics, and a second in a Computer Science related subject.
• Or a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at DDD in a computer related subject.
• Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate practical experience of programming.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Full UK driving license is desirable.
• A genuine desire to become an exceptional software engineer.
Complementing your formal studies with the University of Exeter, our Software Engineer Apprenticeship includes the following practical learning activities:
Year 1 - Renishaw's Software Engineer Apprentice training programme led by our expert team of software engineers and work placements.
Years 2 and 3 - Dedicated work placements in software development groups throughout the company, working on real development projects.
Year 4 onwards - Specialisation within a specific field of software engineering within the company.
Benefits of working for Renishaw include:
• A tailored induction programme
• In-house training and on-going support
• Excellent working environment
• Competitive salary - earn while you learn
• 21 days holiday, plus 4 company days
• Contributory pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Onsite fitness centre
• Employee assistance programme for all employees