Software Engineer Apprenticeship - L6
Renishaw's Level 6 Software Engineer Apprenticeship enables you to combine studying for a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions with challenging work placements.
Applications for the 2020 intake are now closed.
This structured Degree Apprenticeship will give successful candidates the opportunity to study for a degree whilst working on exciting and challenging work placements.
In year 1 you will attend the software apprentice training programme where you will be trained by Software Engineers who are experts in their fields. The training is designed to allow you to continually build on the skills that are being taught. This ranges from core programming skills, general software design techniques (such as object-oriented programming and design methodologies), to project management, business analysis and formalised software development processes, including the Agile process.
Years 2 to 4 will be dedicated to placements within software development groups throughout Renishaw which allow you to work on real projects and products, with the aim of entering a specialist field within the company.
Initially, you will be based at our Charfield site, close to Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire. During the apprenticeship you may be required to work at our other Gloucestershire sites.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will study towards a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions via blended learning with the University of Exeter. This is a four-year course delivered through a blended learning model which includes:
• 3 residential stays of approximately 1 week duration each, held at the University. This will include lectures, tutorial and workshop time, as well as opportunity to meet peers from other employers.
• Online learning to be undertaken during the working week (typically up to one day per week), including web seminars, interactive activities, reading and assessments.
• Reflective practice, assessing project work undertaken in the workplace.
What are the entry requirements?
• Either three A levels at AAB, preferably with at least one in either Maths, Physics or Computer Science or other STEM subject;
• OR a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at DDD, in a Computer Science related subject;
• Other qualifications of a similar level can be considered. We would encourage applicants with non-standard qualifications to contact us to discuss their eligibility;
• Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate practical exposure to programming;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• A genuine desire to become an exceptional Software Engineer;
• Full UK driving licence is desirable