Our business model
We have a simple business model.
Our trusted relationships with customers help us to understand their needs and design solutions to solve their challenges.
Our 5,100 talented people around the world are committed to delivering our purpose, vision and strategy.
Our global suppliers provide us with the high-quality components and materials we need, as well as supporting our infrastructure and operations.
Research & development
Our strong IP portfolio and significant commitment to R&D expenditure helps set us apart from competitors and delivers long-term value.
We've funded our growth and infrastructure by reinvesting our profits. We also have a strong cash position, helping us to fund future development and deliver our strategy.
Delivering value for...
- £85.8m spent on developing new products and improving our existing products.
- Live and on-demand webinars available in up to 13 languages.
- £166.5m spent on materials and services.
- £88.4m committed to capital expenditure projects.
- £0.3m in charitable donations in the year.
- 11,000 students taking part in our STEM outreach programmes.
- £254.4m in salaries, bonuses, social security and pension contributions.
- More than 200 new roles or vacancies filled by internal candidates this year.
- 5% reduction of our market‑based statutory greenhouse gas
- 10% increase in use of renewable energy.
- 37% increase in Adjusted profit before tax.
- Total dividends of £52.8m for the year.
Figures as at date of 2022 Annual Report.
Find out more about our strategy.