New release of CARTO software provides unlimited measurement range for XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
Renishaw is pleased to announce the latest release of its CARTO software suite for calibration products. CARTO 4.2 utilises dynamic data fit functionality to allow Renishaw's XM-60 multi-axis calibrator to quickly capture and analyse data from linear axes of any length.
XM-60 has become the market leading solution for direct measurement of all six degrees of freedom (linear, vertical and horizontal straightness, pitch, yaw and roll) on any form of linear axis. With the addition of the new XM-60 long range measurement functionality in CARTO 4.2, unlimited measurement range is now possible for the first time.
Dynamic data fit (DDF)
The dynamic data fit functionality within the CARTO Capture application allows XM-60 users to capture straightness measurements dynamically. The test data is recalculated in CARTO Capture to reduce outlying data-points. This improved method offers greater resilience to environmental interference and a better representation of straightness errors for longer axes.
Heidenhain linear compensation made easy
Heidenhain linear compensation is a new option in the CARTO Compensate 4.2 application. It allows laser users to apply pitch error compensation to Heidenhain machine tool controls in a quick and easy process.
Renishaw continually develops the CARTO software suite to add value for users of its calibration products. CARTO 4.2 is available to download free of charge now at www.renishaw.com/carto
- News release: New release of CARTO software provides unlimited measurement range for XM-60 multi-axis calibrator [165kB]
- Capture XM-60 long range summary screen [579kB]
- XM-60 measurement on a gantry machine (image credit: Fineline) [12.2MB]
- Environmental compensation using XM-60 multi-axis calibrator (image credit: Fineline) [32.9MB]
- XM-60 long range measurement on a large machine tool (image credit: Fineline) [33.4MB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.