Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research
For over 40 years the Wise Observatory, an astronomical research facility owned and operated by Tel Aviv University, has been supporting cutting-edge astronomical research.
However, some components such as the motors, bearings and, most importantly, the position feedback encoders, have a predetermined lifespan and researchers were beginning to notice performance issues.
After consulting with colleagues at other observatories and reviewing providers online, the research team chose to collaborate with Israel-based motion technology provider, Soulutions, which is also an official distributor of Renishaw encoders.
- Case study: Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research [855kB]
- News release: Renishaw distributor upgrades telescope for astronomy research [104kB]
- The Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) [574kB]
- One-metre main telescope at the Wise Observatory [351kB]
- Orion constellation [4kB]
- RESOLUTE encoder readhead in-situ on the roll axis of the telescope [305kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.