VAD Instrument chooses Renishaw’s UHV optical encoders for motion platforms
Vacuum technology is used in many high-precision manufacturing processes. Typical applications include semiconductor wafer inspection, wafer bonding, photolithography and thin film deposition.
Motion platforms are an integral part of these complex procedures and must be compatible with a vacuum environment.
Renishaw's TONiC™ UHV optical encoders are specially designed for use in high and ultra-high vacuum enclosures and meet the strict requirements of FPD and semiconductor process equipment. VAD Instrument, based in South Korea, manufactures a wide range of precision motion platforms for semiconductor, FPD and electronics applications.
VAD selected Renishaw's TONiC UHV encoder and RLE fibre optic laser encoder for its latest range of vacuum compatible platforms, which deliver improved motion control performance.
- Case study: VAD Instrument chooses Renishaw’s UHV optical encoders for motion platforms [912kB]
- Renishaw encoders drive improvements in the performance of direct-drive motors [104kB]
- Vacuum stage, for semiconductor wafer inspection (AOI), fitted with RLE laser encoder system [2.7MB]
- Stage for automatic optical inspection (AOI) of flat panel displays (FPD) [1.5MB]
- Vacuum stage for semiconductor process application [1.8MB]
- Linear stage inspected by XL-80 interfermoter system [501kB]
- TONiC™ UHV with RELM [99kB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.