XC-80 compensator and sensors
Automatic environmental compensation to ensure accurate laser measurement.
XC-80 provides laser measurement accuracy over the full environmental range.
The XC-80 compensator is a crucial factor for linear measurement accuracy using XL-80 laser, XM-60 and XM-600 multi-axis calibrators. Changes in air temperature pressure and relative humidity can affect the wavelength of the laser light and the measurement readings taken.
XC-80 features “intelligent sensors” that process the readings at source, the compensator very accurately measures air temperature, air pressure and relative humidity. The XC-80 uses the sensor readings to modify the nominal value of the laser wavelength to give a true value, which is then used in calculations to virtually eliminate any measurement errors resulting from these variations.
If you are interested in accuracy you NEED effective wavelength compensation.
For more information on the importance of environmental compensation visit our Interferometry explained page.
Features and benefits
- Uniform compensation - The design of the XC-80 and sensors ensures uniform and extremely accurate readings over the full range of environmental operating conditions.
- Frequent sensor updates - This can be done automatically every seven seconds, as indicated by LED status lights on the XC-80 unit.
- Integrated USB - The integral USB connection means there is no separate PC interface and no separate power supply (the USB supplies the XC-80 and sensors' power).
- Lightweight - The XC-80 weighs 490 g, and together with the XL-80, weighs just over 3 kg (including connecting cables, XL power supply and sensors).
- Intelligent air and material temperature sensors - The integral microprocessors analyse and process the sensor's output before sending digital temperature values to the XC-80 compensator. This offers more secure measurements and is a key reason why the XC-80 is so compact and also ensures sensors are fully interchangeable without comprimising accuracy.
- Up to three material temperature sensors can also be attached to the XC-80 compensator to allow linear measurements to be normalised to a standard material temperature of 20 °C.
- Versatile sensor cables - The standard 5 m long sensor cables are detachable for easy replacement and can be screwed together for extended lengths on longer machines.