Machine calibration and optimisation news
Renishaw's latest calibration product news, case stories and technical articles, allowing manufacturing industry to control machine performance and achieve substantial cost savings.
In-house metrology increases machine tool uptime by 20%
With machine tools resources failing outside of their warranty periods and 3-week long waits for external service engineer visits, Omsk State Technical University had to act quickly to protect its teaching, research and industry support services. The introduction of Renishaw’s XL-80 laser interferometer and QC20-W ballbar systems did more than just provide the technical solution the University needed.
QC20-W Ballbar system boosts confidence in pre-owned machine tool sales
Any company buying a used machine tool needs to be certain of its ability to deliver the accuracy demanded by its manufacturing process. For many companies, pre-purchase condition-checking by a certified machine inspector and thorough static accuracy measurements are not enough. More rigorous dynamic accuracy measurements are also needed. Machine tool seller U-MACHINE adopted a Renishaw QC20-W ballbar system to provide its customers with the additional analysis they required.
MM award for Renishaw's XK10 alignment laser system
Renishaw’s new XK10 alignment laser system has won the MM Award for ‘Quality Assurance’ at the EMO 2019 exhibition held in Hannover, Germany. The awards were presented by the principal German trade magazine MM Maschinenmarkt during the EMO exhibition which is the world’s leading trade fair for the metalworking industry.
Renishaw’s new Compensate software simplifies volumetric compensation
Renishaw Compensate is a new addition to the CARTO software suite. It allows users of the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator to apply volumetric compensation to machine tools in a rapid and straightforward process.
Laser interferometer error-proofs linear scale calibration
To achieve consistent sub-micron measurement accuracy, an automated line scale calibration system developed by the Standards and Calibration Laboratory (SCL) in Hong Kong made automatic error compensation a key design criteria. A Renishaw XL-80 laser interferometer and XC-80 compensator were used to successfully manage any sources of Abbe error, as well as changes in environmental conditions.
- QC20-W Ballbar system boosts confidence in pre-owned machine tool sales
- OMSK case study
- MM award for Renishaw's XK10 alignment laser system
- Renishaw’s new Compensate software simplifies volumetric compensation
- SCL case study
- New alignment laser system increases Renishaw's range of machine calibration solutions
- Matsumoto case study
- New 'free-run mode' in CARTO 2.1 software extends XM-60 functionality
- Renishaw unveils the new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
- Laser calibration at the speed of light
- Rotary axis calibration has never been easier with CARTO 3.0
- New software extends QC20-W ballbar capability for time based data capture
- BIT case study
- XL-80 laser functionality extended to perform diagonal tests
- BAE Systems case study
- Renishaw launches new CARTO software solution for calibration systems
- Renishaw XM-600 system enables faster and easier CMM error mapping
- Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
- Breton S.p.A. case study
- New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
- New system greatly extends flexibility and ease for rotary axis calibration
- Renishaw unveils the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at MACH 2018
- Upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device receives worldwide acclaim
- Renishaw supports new US HTEC centre with performance testing tool
- Free performance analysis software for existing ballbar users
- Wireless ballbar offers volumetric testing
- Automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- Free upgrade of Ballbar5 software
- Upgrades for HP5528 and HP5529 users
- XL-80 laser calibration
- Worldwide success for new rotary axis calibrator