Machine calibration and optimisation news
Renishaw's latest calibration product news, case stories and technical articles, allowing manufacturing industry to control machine performance and achieve substantial cost savings.
Renishaw’s new Compensate software simplifies volumetric compensation
Renishaw Compensate is a new addition to the CARTO software suite. It allows users of the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator to apply volumetric compensation to machine tools in a rapid and straightforward process.
Laser interferometer error-proofs linear scale calibration
To achieve consistent sub-micron measurement accuracy, an automated line scale calibration system developed by the Standards and Calibration Laboratory (SCL) in Hong Kong made automatic error compensation a key design criteria. A Renishaw XL-80 laser interferometer and XC-80 compensator were used to successfully manage any sources of Abbe error, as well as changes in environmental conditions.
Raising the bar on rotary table accuracy
CNC rotary tables play a vital role in the performance of multi-axis machining centres. As table accuracy and reliability are of paramount concern throughout the product’s lifetime, Matsumoto Machine Corporation (MMK) has taken a pragmatic two-pronged approach to reducing indexing errors and improving performance. By enhancing both product calibration and encoder technologies the company has set new standards for rotary table accuracy.
New alignment laser system increases Renishaw's range of machine calibration solutions
Renishaw’s new XK10 alignment laser system has been developed for use during the build and alignment of machine tools, replacing the need for artefacts. It can be used on linear rails to ensure that they are straight, square, flat, parallel and level, as well as to assess spindle direction and coaxiality of rotary machines. These factors can be measured and aligned with the XK10 during build, using the systems live display.
Renishaw XM-600 system enables faster and easier CMM error mapping
Renishaw’s newly launched XM-600 laser measurement system offers enhanced capability to connect directly with Renishaw’s range of UCC CMM controllers. Using technology developed for the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator, this enables faster and easier error mapping, measuring all six degrees of freedom from a single set-up, in any orientation for linear axes.
- Renishaw’s new Compensate software simplifies volumetric compensation
- SCL case study
- New alignment laser system increases Renishaw's range of machine calibration solutions
- Matsumoto case study
- New 'free-run mode' in CARTO 2.1 software extends XM-60 functionality
- Renishaw unveils the new XM-60 multi-axis calibrator
- Laser calibration at the speed of light
- Rotary axis calibration has never been easier with CARTO 3.0
- New software extends QC20-W ballbar capability for time based data capture
- BIT case study
- XL-80 laser functionality extended to perform diagonal tests
- BAE Systems case study
- Renishaw launches new CARTO software solution for calibration systems
- Renishaw XM-600 system enables faster and easier CMM error mapping
- Laser calibration data analysis software brings new levels of functionality and flexibility
- Breton S.p.A. case study
- New developments in understanding rotary axes performance
- New system greatly extends flexibility and ease for rotary axis calibration
- Renishaw unveils the XM-60 multi-axis calibrator at MACH 2018
- Upgraded machine tool performance monitoring device receives worldwide acclaim
- Renishaw supports new US HTEC centre with performance testing tool
- Free performance analysis software for existing ballbar users
- Wireless ballbar offers volumetric testing
- Automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- Free upgrade of Ballbar5 software
- Upgrades for HP5528 and HP5529 users
- XL-80 laser calibration
- Worldwide success for new rotary axis calibrator