MCU W legacy hand controller
- Maximum operating range 25 m line-of-sight from docking cradle. Docking cradle can be up to 30 m from controller
- Battery life typically 10 hours between charges
- Supplied with spare battery and automatic charger
- Compatible with the range of Renishaw CMM controllers
- Controls motion of CMM axes
- Indexes the motorised head and rotary table
- Operates as a computer mouse
- Has a system menu for navigating the operating software
- Handheld or table mounted operation
- Large LCD for status information and for interacting with metrology programs
The MCU W is functionally identical to the MCU5 except for the additional STOP button on the membrane keypad. When this button is pressed, the CMM and motorised head is brought rapidly to a halt but the servos are kept running. This button is only functional when the controller is in automatic mode, i.e. running a DCC program.
The yellow STOP button removes power from the CMM axes, stops motion of motorised heads and locks the heads in their current position.
The E-STOP switch is hardwired to the UCC controller. When this switch is operated, all power to both the CMM axes and motorised head is removed.
|1||LCD screen |
|4||Probe disabled LED|
|5||MCU enabled LED|
|7||3-axis joystick with push buttons|
|8||Joystick locks (3 separate buttons)|
|9||Probe disabled (see '4')|
|11||Start / stop program|
|14||Axis systems select|
|20||Take point / cancel point|
|21||On / off|