NC4 non-contact tool setter
High-precision, high-speed, non-contact tool measuring and broken tool detection on all sizes of vertical and horizontal machining centres, multi-tasking machines and all gantry machining centres.
Rapid on-machine tool setting and broken tool detection
Robust performance in harsh machining environments
Flexible non-contact tool setting solutions
Automatic tool setting with the NC4 gives your machine tools the intelligence they need to make decisions for themselves, enabling ‘lights out' machining.
A host of system options and configurations makes the NC4 the most flexible non-contact tool setting solution on the market.
The NC4 measures and detects tools down to Ø0.03 mm and to a repeatability of ±1.0 μm (2σ) – ensuring the production of ‘right first time' parts.
The NC4's integrated air blast and dual measurement mode, delivers accurate and robust performance in even the harshest machining environments.
Install, configure, use and maintain the NC4 with ease thanks to our comprehensive range of smartphone and on-machine apps.
If it wasn't for the Renishaw system, the machine could, for example, operate with a broken cutting tip, with disastrous results. Furthermore, since tools are checked for breakage automatically, one operator can easily manage both machines: all he needs to do is load the pieces and ensure that everything is running smoothly.
- Brochure: NC4 non-contact tool setter
- Data sheet: NC4 (integral air blast) non-contact tool setting system
- Data sheet: NC4 non-contact tool setting system accessories
- Data sheet: NC4 non-contact tool setting system
- Technical specifications: Probing systems for CNC machine tools
- Pocket guide: Pocket guide to probes for CNC machine tools
- Certificate (CE): NC4 ECD 2017-161
- Data sheet: NCi-6 non-contact tool setting
- Certificate (CE): NC4 NC4+ ECD 2017-143
NC4 installation guide
- Enhanced NC4 with air blast
- The enhanced NC4 with a connector-based installation
- Hardwired option on the enhanced NC4
- Tool setting on an enhanced NC4 F300
- The enhanced NC4 is available with a choice of beam height and either connector-based or hardwired installation
- NC4 coolant spray
- NC4 measuring large tool
- NC4 on machine
Tool setting software options
The following macro-based software packages can be used to program tool setting and broken tool detection routines on CNC machining centres.
Compatible interfaces / transmission units – NCi-6