Machine tool probes and software news
Renishaw's latest machine tool product news, case stories and technical articles.
Renishaw reduces machining time for aerospace impeller manufacturer
Honeywell Aerospace, part of global commercial and consumer engineering conglomerate Honeywell, produces a large number of the impellers and blisks used in commercial aeroplanes. The impellers, which are essentially radial and axial compressors, rely on a workpiece datum being maintained throughout the machining process to ensure that they are suitable for use.
On-machine user interface boosts productivity of mould base manufacturing
The market for mould base assemblies used in plastic injection moulding is changing. Plastic part makers are producing increasing varieties of short-run products in all kinds of different sizes, shapes and finish – each requiring a custom-made mould base. As a leader in precision mould base manufacture, GM Enterprise needed to ramp up its production throughput to meet rapidly rising customer demand.
Industrial probes aid research in space
As a result of new developments in the theoretical knowledge of the very smallest particles on the planet, some physicists are now calling into question the principle of equivalence of inertial and gravitational mass into question. To examine these ideas, production specialists at the National Metrology Institute of Germany (PTB) in Braunschweig developed cylindrical test masses, achieving an accuracy of 2 µm to 3 µm for all geometric characteristics.
Intelligent manufacturing solutions halve production time of gas turbine components
Doncasters Precision Castings – Deritend, is a leading manufacturer of investment cast and machined industrial gas turbine airfoils. These airfoils are manufactured in nickel and cobalt based superalloys. The company is committed to growth and it backs this commitment with a willingness to invest in continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
Renishaw probing cuts manual intervention time dramatically for Equinox 3D
As a specialist producer of fibreglass products across a wide variety of industries, Equinox 3D is often approached with intricate and bespoke designs. Thanks to the introduction of Renishaw probing systems to its manufacturing process, the company based in Faversham (UK), is able to meet the most unusual of customer requirements accurately and reliably within a short time frame.
- Honeywell case study
- PTB case study
- GM Enterprise case study
- Doncasters case study
- Improved non-contact tool setting solutions from Renishaw
- Equinox 3D case study
- Renishaw unveils extended range of on-machine apps for CNC machine tools
- Smart apps for smartphones - machine tool probe technology at your fingertips
- Renishaw’s new multi-probe optical interface system
- SPRINT™ system with SupaScan – new on-machine contact scanning technology from Renishaw
- Renishaw unveils Inspection Plus with SupaTouch optimisation delivering intelligent speed
- New system for simple length setting of tools on CNC machining centres
- Renishaw unveils the Primo™ twin-probe system
- Renishaw’s game-changing contact scanning system
- New system allows multiple tool setting and inspection probes on CNC machine tools
- Fast, automated health check for multi-axis machine tools
- New version of PC based probing software for machining centres
- New probes for turning applications
- Radio Probes RMP40-RLP40
- White paper: Process control imperative
- Renishaw Productivity+™ probe software
- Probing beyond prismatic
- Citizen lathes
- Twin probe
- Active Editor Pro v1.4