RESOLUTE™ encoder series
The RESOLUTE series is a true-absolute, fine pitch optical encoder system that has excellent dirt immunity, and an impressive specification that breaks new ground in position feedback. It is the world's first absolute encoder capable of 1 nm resolution up to 100 m/s for linear systems, and 32-bit resolution up to 36 000 rev/min for rotary systems. Ultra low Sub-Divisional Error and jitter result in a linear encoder system that outperforms any other encoder in its class.
Additionally, it is available in 3 more application-specific variants:
- RESOLUTE UHV brings absolute encoder technology to ultra-high vacuum applications up to 10-10 Torr, allowing customers to achieve higher throughput, reduce risks of damage and increase dependability.
- RESOLUTE ETR (Extended Temperature Range) is a true-absolute, fine pitch optical encoder system that is able to operate in environments with extreme high and low temperatures.
RESOLUTE FS (Functional Safety) is certified to SIL2 and PLd for Functional Safety applications.
RESOLUTE is compatible with the optional Advanced Diagnostic Tool ADTa-100 and ADT View software: these provide real-time encoder data feedback to aid encoder installation and in-field fault finding.
The RESOLUTE series is the winner of a Queen's Award for Enterprise 2015 in the Innovation category
- Linear scales are used where straight-line position information is needed - usually X, Y or Z axes.
- Rotary scales are used for angular position information and the motion control of rotating elements.
- Partial arc scales are used for measuring a partial arc of rotation by wrapping them around drums, shafts or arcs.
Narrow stainless steel partial arc tape
Coefficient of thermal expansion
Matched to substrate material when scale ends are fixed with end clamps
|Up to 21 m||RESOLUTE|
Ultra-high accuracy stainless steel ring
(depending on ring diameter)
Coefficient of thermal expansion at 20 °C
(≥100 mm diameter)
±1 arc second
±1.5 arc seconds
±2 arc seconds
15.5 ±0.5 µm/m/°C
52 to 417 mm