RFP fringe probe for the REVO® system
The REVO RFP probe makes structured light inspection an integral part of your CMM measurement procedure.
Structured light measurement on a 5-axis CMM measurement platform
The RFP probe increases the multisensor capability of the REVO system by adding non-contact structured light inspection to the existing product range, which now offers five interchangeable probe families, each specifically designed to maximise the advantages of 5-axis motion and infinite positioning.
The RFP probe is designed for inspection of freeform surfaces and complex geometry, rapidly delivering patches of surface data with a high point density.
RFP features and benefits
- Unlike other non‑contact structured light systems, the RFP fringe probe does not require reference markers to stitch together data from different areas, as this is done automatically by the REVO system.
- Automatic exposure compensation ensures optimal data results for different materials, surface colours and textures without the need for matt coatings.
- Two easy-to-use software tools provide inspection planning and digitising capability.
- RFP inspection planner is a tool for path planning and generating DMIS part programs from CAD.
- RFP digitiser software collects data from parts without CAD models as part of a reverse engineering process.
The RFP fringe probe
RFP provides high density data at a high capture rate to deliver highly accurate measurement of surface topology.
The probe projects a fringe pattern onto the part surface and the probe's camera captures the variation in fringe pattern to build a high-density point cloud of 3D surface data. The data cloud is then evaluated by the 3D metrology software to deliver the inspection results.
The RFP probe is powered by REVO 5-axis measurement technology and provides highly accurate measurement on an infinite positioning CMM platform. Data from all REVO sensors is automatically referenced to a common datum and combined with data from all other REVO-2 sensors maximises part inspection capability on one CMM.