Work experience weeks
Renishaw's work experience weeks provide students with an ideal opportunity to discover what it's like to work at a world-leading engineering company.
Applications for 2021 work experience programmes are now closed.
Applications are now closed for our 2021 schemes. We will open applications for our 2022 programmes in early 2022, if you would like to be informed when then applications open please join our education outreach mailing list.
A project-based work experience
For students in years 10 to 13 at schools throughout Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Bristol and South Wales, Renishaw's work experience weeks provide the ideal opportunity to discover what it's really like to work in one of the world's foremost engineering companies. Unlike most companies who offer a job shadowing experience, at Renishaw all our schemes are project based, allowing students to get a real understanding of what working life is really like. We have been running these programmes virtually but hope to return to running them face to face in the 2021/22 academic year.
We offer four schemes:
- Engineering – Gloucestershire
- Engineering – South Wales
- Software – Gloucestershire
- Commercial – Gloucestershire
We can only offer work experience during fixed weeks and cannot accommodate any placements outside of these dates.
- Gloucestershire - Renishaw's headquarters, New Mills near Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire
- Wales - Renishaw's Miskin manufacturing plant near Cardiff
Applications are welcome from all students who have an interest in engineering, software or the commercial aspects of a business and enjoy a range of subjects that might include Maths, Science, Design& Technology, Computer science, Art, Economics and Business Studies.
What will students gain from their week at Renishaw?
- The opportunity to see the working environment inside a high-tech Engineering company and find out more about it
- To work collaboratively on a project set by Renishaw
- Develop problem solving and time management skills
- To understand the importance of Team building within a Business
- Develop presentation and communication skills
- Gain knowledge of early career opportunities at Renishaw
Please note public transport services do not run directly to either of our sites, so please consider this before applying.
Here is some of the feedback from previous attendees of our virtual work experience weeks:
Thank you for the wonderful experience this week has been. This opportunity has been very helpful and has taught me about the industry and Renishaw. What I've learnt will help me make better informed education and career decisions.
It was such a nice work experience week and I wanted to thank you for the opportunity. It really broadened my knowledge on the different routes I could take in the future, so thank you very much.
I have really enjoyed this week and have learnt so much. This experience has helped me a lot and I now have a much better understanding of what a career in engineering looks like.