Working with schools
With the support of teachers across of Bristol, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and South Wales, we want to inspire students to consider STEM careers and help them understand more about engineering.
Engaging students in STEM and engineering
Renishaw's Education Outreach programme offers local schools a range of free activities designed to inspire young students to engage in engineering and consider it as a future career option.
Our comprehensive education outreach activities are completely free and are aimed at Years 5 - 13. Our goal is to bring real-world context and added value to schools' science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) curricula.
The largest private sector employer in Gloucestershire, Renishaw has more than 150 STEM Ambassadors from different roles across the business, including current graduates and apprentices. They all want to help students to see how great and achievable a career in engineering can be.
Our aims and objectives
- Raising awareness of Renishaw's opportunities for young people – promotion of apprenticeships, placements and our graduate scheme through careers events.
- Inspiring the next generation of engineers through STEM activities, visits and events.
- Supporting schools to meet Gatsby Benchmarks 5 and 6.
- Raising awareness of the breadth of careers within STEM.
- Encouraging more diversity in the Engineering sector by engaging with a broad spectrum of students
Working with schools during COVID-19
Currently we are only able to offer virtual STEM engagements but we will continue to monitor the situation as to when face-to-face delivery will be able to take place again. We have already delivered many virtual talks and workshop and are running five online work experience weeks for students in years 10 – 13; we have also participated in virtual careers fairs and mock interviews. Although face-to-face engagement is our preference, we have seen the benefits and opportunities that virtual delivery has, and we will continue to offer virtual experiences once restrictions have been lifted. Please visit our virtual STEM engagement page to find out in more detail the presentations and workshops we are offering and how to book them.
Events and activities we offer or support
- School workplace visits
- Interactive, hands-on engineering workshops
- Engineering, Software and Commercial work experience weeks
- Careers Fairs
- Careers Talks / Assembly Talks
- Technology Teardowns
- Open events including an annual information evening for young people
- Events promoting Women in Engineering
- STEM activity days/events/festivals
- Mock Interviews/Employability events