Working with schools
With the support of teachers in the counties of Bristol, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and South Wales, we want to find the engineers of tomorrow. They're students at our schools today.
Engaging students in engineering
The great engineers of tomorrow are students in our schools today. With the help of primary and secondary school teachers (and parents…) in areas of Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Bristol and South Wales, we want to find them. This country needs more engineers. Renishaw needs more engineers!
Renishaw's Education Outreach programme offers local schools a range of activities designed to inspire young students to engage in engineering and consider it as a future career option. You never know, they might want to work at Renishaw one day.
Our comprehensive education outreach activities are completely free and aimed at Year 5 - 13. Our goal is to bring real-world context and added value to schools' science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) curricula.
The biggest private sector employer in Gloucestershire, Renishaw has more than 150 STEM Ambassadors from different roles across the business, especially, current graduates and apprentices to help students to see how great and achievable a career in engineering can be.
What are our aims and Objectives?
- Raising awareness of Renishaw's opportunities for young people – promotion of apprenticeships, placements and our graduate scheme through careers events
- Inspiring the next generation of engineers through STEM activities, visits and events
- Raising awareness of the breadth of careers within STEM
- Encouraging more diversity in the Engineering sector by engaging with a broad spectrum of students
How can we support you?
- School workplace visits
- Interactive, hands-on engineering workshops
- Engineering, Software and Commercial work experience weeks
- Careers Fairs
- Careers Talks / Assembly Talks
- Technology Teardowns
- Open events including annual information evening for young people
- Events promoting Women in Engineering
- STEM activity days/events/festivals
- Mock Interviews/Employability events
New 3D printer loan scheme for South Wales schools
Renishaw Education Outreach is offering the opportunity for schools across South Wales to loan a 3D printer for free, for up to three months, to use in their classrooms. The scheme is open to all primary schools and secondary schools across South Wales that want to explore the exciting area of 3D printing and include it in daily lessons. Click here for more information