Browse optical encoder range
Step 1. Choose from absolute or incremental, linear or rotary, encoders:
- Incremental encoders are used in applications where instant and accurate relative position is needed, in either analogue or digital format.
- Absolute encoders are used in applications that need a high speed unique digital output for each position and offer functional immunity from power interruptions.
- Linear scales are used where straight-line position information is needed - usually X, Y or Z axes.
- Rotary scales are used for angular position information and the motion control of rotating elements.
- Ultra-High Vacuum (UHV) encoders are optimised for use in vacuum environments.
- Functionally safe (FS) encoders are certified to SIL2 PLd for functional safety applications.
- Extended Temperature Range (ETR) encoders are able to operate in environments with extreme high and low temperatures.