Browse optical encoder range
Step 1. Choose from absolute or incremental, linear, partial arc or rotary, encoders:
- * FS: encoders are certified to SIL2 PLd for Functional Safety applications.
- **ETR: Extended Temperature Range encoders are able to operate in environments with extreme high and low temperatures.
- UHV: Ultra-High Vacuum encoders are optimised for use in vacuum environments.
- Incremental encoders are used in applications where instant and accurate relative position is needed, in either analogue or digital format.
- Absolute encoders are used in applications that need a high speed unique digital output for each position and offer functional immunity from power interruptions.
- Linear scales are used where straight-line position information is needed - usually X, Y or Z axes.
- Rotary scales are used for angular position information and the motion control of rotating elements.
- Partial arc scales are used for measuring a partial arc of rotation by wrapping the scale around drums, shafts or arcs.