RMP60 radio transmission probe
For workpiece inspection and job set‑up on multi‑tasking machines, machining centres and gantry machining centres.
Flexible probing solution.
Superior communication capability.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
Compact spindle probe with radio signal transmission
The RMP60 is a compact spindle probe with radio signal transmission which offers automated part set-up and in-cycle gauging on machining centres, including 5-axis machines.
The traditional Renishaw kinematic resistive probe mechanism in the RMP60, combined with a unique and secure frequency hopping transmission protocol, make it ideal for the modern machine shop where harsh environments mean line-of-sight between probe and interface is not always possible.
Features and benefits
- Proven kinematic design.
- Secure frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS).
- Globally recognised 2.4 GHz waveband – compliant with radio regulations in all major markets.
- Compact design.
- Various activation options and adjustable trigger force.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
During the planning stage of the project it occurred to us that the new machine would be located close to the welding area and that there was a very real possibility of signal interference, so we needed a system that could cope with the conditions. The Renishaw RMP60 is the first inspection probe to use frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) data transmission.
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.
RMP60M Enables inspection of normally inaccessible features.