OLP40 lathe touch probe
For workpiece inspection and job set-up on lathes of all sizes and small multi-tasking machines.
Flexible probing solution.
Reliable modulated optical transmission.
Outstanding performance for less scrap and higher profits.
Ultra-compact 3D touch-trigger probe with optical signal transmission, specifically designed for workpiece set-up inspection on lathes and grinding machines.
Compatibility with all Renishaw optical receivers enables users to easily upgrade existing installations.
Features and benefits:
- Proven kinematic design.
- Exceptional resistance to light interference with modulated transmission.
- 360° transmission envelope.
- Ultra-compact design.
- Increased environmental protection.
- 1 μm 2σ repeatability.
On one component we used to spend 35 minutes on in-process inspection – this had to be improved. We replaced this with a probe cycle, reducing the inspection cycle to about six minutes.
Find out more
For additional technical information and product certificates, please visit our technical support library.
The Renishaw advantage
At Renishaw, we enjoy an excellent reputation for offering strong support to our customers through a network of over 70 service and support offices worldwide.
Get technical support, training and advice or purchase spares and accessories from our well-stocked Web shop.
Probing software options
The following software packages can be used to program probing routines for workpiece set-up and inspection on CNC machining centres.
- GoProbe – entry-level package for simple workpiece set-up and tool setting routines.
- Inspection Plus – an integrated suite of inspection cycles including vector measurement.
- Productivity+™ Active Editor Pro – a PC-based software package with GUI, allowing users to select features directly from an imported CAD model.