Laser encoder product quality and conformance
When you purchase a laser encoder system from Renishaw, you are buying into a proven track record of assured quality.
Renishaw's quality assurance system and procedures are audited for compliance with ISO 9001, the internationally recognised standard for quality management systems. Renishaw's certificate of registration to EN ISO 9001 is issued by BSI Management Systems and carries the UKAS accreditation logo. This is your assurance that not only does Renishaw operate procedures to the ISO standard, but the company has been audited and certified by a competent, UKAS accredited, organisation. UKAS accreditation is recognised in many countries worldwide by their relevant national body.
Please refer to the Quality assurance document for further details.
RLE and HS20 systems can be supplied with comprehensive calibration certificates.
Each individual product certificate includes:
- A description of the calibration process
- Test environment and applicable standards
- Traceability data (artefacts used and calibration details)
- Uncertainty of measurement
- Test results in tabular and graphical format
- Date of calibration test
Each certificate is signed and dated by a Renishaw authorised person. Copies of lost certificates can be provided (a fee is charged).
The factory calibration is only required to enable the initial characterisation of sensors in environmental compensator systems (RCU). The use of a simplified recalibration process at service centres in the UK has been adopted after extensive data comparison has shown that the two processes give equivalent results. As a result the content and layout of certificates for the compensator (and separate sensors, if tested) is also different from the originally (factory) supplied items.
Declarations of conformity
The RLE and HS20 system, RCU10 compensator, RSU10 USB interface and RPI20 interface are all CE marked and RoHS compliant, demonstrating their compliance with relevant European standards and directives. The corresponding declarations of conformity (DOC) can be found below.
For any other queries about regulatory compliance, please contact your local Renishaw office.
Renishaw's aim is to deliver the specified accuracy, with full traceability and the confidence that the system will deliver that accuracy day-after-day where it counts, in the workplace. An important element in this is that all lasers, ballbars and rotary calibrators have been calibrated at the Renishaw factory. All reference artefacts are traceable to National Standards and our systems are delivered with a comprehensive calibration certificate. Traceability data for calibrations and recalibrations at Renishaw UK, USA and Germany is defined in the traceability charts.
Declarations of conformity
- Declaration of conformity: RLE ECD2017-83
- Declaration of conformity: RCU10 ECD 2017-40
- Declaration of conformity: RSU10 ECD2017-81
- Declaration of conformity: RPI30 ECD 2019-0024
- Declaration of conformity: RPI20 ECD2017-82
- Declaration of conformity: HS20 ECD 2017-84
- Declaration of conformity: RLE ECD2010-54
- Declaration of conformity: RCU10 ECD 2010-55
- Declaration of conformity: RSU10 ECD2012-16
- Declaration of conformity: RPI20 ECD2010-57
- Declaration of conformity: HS20 ECD 2011-14