TB20 universal kit
TB20 quadrature trigger box can be used to remotely trigger the XL-80 laser. It monitors the position feedback signals between a machine's encoders and its controller and feeds trigger signals to the XL-80. This allows synchronisation of scale position or movement to the XL-80 data capture. TB20 is primarily used in applications such as leadscrew or encoder system calibration.
The TB20 is mains-powered and works with TTL quadrature or analogue current loop encoders and triggers the laser measurement at regular user-defined intervals. TB20 replaces the functionality of TB10.
Two types of data capture can be achieved using the TB20:
- Quasi-static - where the axis moves to pre-defined intervals and stops for the measurement to be taken.
- Dynamic - where the axis moves without stopping and TB20 triggers measurements to be taken.
Each TB20 universal kit contains:
- 1 TB20 trigger box
- 1 XL trigger cable
- 1 Power supply cable
- 1 Plug adaptor kit
- 2 TB20 encoder and controller port connectors
- Calibration user guide card
Part number: A-8003-4475Download user guide
TB20 is compatible with analogue and digital quadrature encoders that require a 5V power supply. It supports:
- Analogue 1Vpp encoder
- Analogue microcurrent encoder
- Digital encoder
The maximum velocity for analogue encoder applications is 1 m/s. Digital encoder velocities are as follows: