Quick and easy to use software for XL-80 and XM-60 laser measurement.
CARTO software suite guides the user through the workflow of the measurement process, from setting up a test to analysing the data.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, there will be regular releases of CARTO to add measurement types and features to support XM-60 and XL-80. See CARTO release comparison tables for more details on XL-80 laser functions in CARTO.
Features and benefits
The CARTO suite is made up of two applications; Capture to collect laser interferometry data and Explore to provide powerful analysis to international standards and more.
- Choose between 'target-based mode' or 'free-run mode' ('free-run mode' is only available with XM-60) to suit your application.
- Automatic sign detection. The directions of measured errors are automatically determined relative to the machines axes, reducing human error.
- Intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with minimum fuss.
- Step-by-step flow for efficient navigation.
- Produce customised test reports with only a few clicks using Report builder.
- Overlay multiple results to see comparisons easily.
- Produce combined PDF results with all six error channels displayed in the format of the required international standards (available for XM-60 only).
- Easily import legacy files to the database using file importer function.
Free-run mode (XM-60 only)
- Two straightness errors and three angular errors are all plotted against linear position.
- Capture data immediately, without having to define the positions or even the number of targets. Perfect for on-the-fly investigations.
- Triggering can be manual (with a key press), automatic (based on stability of position) or continuous (captured during motion at a user-defined interval).
- Visual adjustments gauges give a live display of each error channel for feedback whilst making adjustments to the machine
Software download: CARTO 4.0 software suite 64-bit
Release 4.0 - Issued February 2020: Combined installer for Capture, Explore and Compensate. File importer enables users to transfer files from LaserXL to CARTO.
Windows 10 64-bit (version 1607 or greater), minimum 2 GB available hard disk space, minimum 2GB of RAM, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above, PDF viewer. This installer will also install, if not already installed: .NET 4.7.2 and Visual C++ runtimes for 2019.