Quick and easy to use software for XL-80 and XM-60 laser measurement.
CARTO release 2.2
Now with file importer and report builder for increased flexibility.
CARTO software suite guides the user through the workflow of the measurement process, from setting up a test to analysing the data.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, there will be regular releases of CARTO to add measurement types and features to support XM-60 and XL-80. See CARTO release comparison tables for more details on XL-80 laser functions in CARTO.
Features and benefits
The CARTO suite is made up of two applications; Capture to collect laser interferometry data and Explore to provide powerful analysis to international standards and more.
- Choose between 'target-based mode' or 'free-run mode' ('free-run mode' is only available with XM-60) to suit your application.
- Automatic sign detection. The directions of measured errors are automatically determined relative to the machines axes, reducing human error.
- Intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with minimum fuss.
- Step-by-step flow for efficient navigation.
- Produce customised test reports with only a few clicks using Report builder.
- Overlay multiple results to see comparisons easily.
- Produce combined PDF results with all six error channels displayed in the format of the required international standards (available for XM-60 only).
- Easily import legacy files to the database using file importer function.
Free-run mode (XM-60 only)
- Two straightness errors and three angular errors are all plotted against linear position.
- Capture data immediately, without having to define the positions or even the number of targets. Perfect for on-the-fly investigations.
- Triggering can be manual (with a key press), automatic (based on stability of position) or continuous (captured during motion at a user-defined interval).
- Visual adjustments gauges give a live display of each error channel for feedback whilst making adjustments to the machine
Highlights for CARTO release 2.2
- File importer enables users to transfer files from LaserXL to CARTO. Note: Two day licensed limited function once activated.*
- Multiple files can be highlighted and 'tagged', i.e. with a machine or customer name.
- Increased flexibility provided in Report builder allowing users to select only the elements of interest.
*Extended use of function available on request.
Software download: CARTO 2.2 software suite
Release 2.2 - Issued January 2018: Combined installer for Capture and Explore in the CARTO software suite: - File importer enables users to transfer files from LaserXL to CARTO. Note: Two day licensed limited function once activated.
Software release note: CARTO version 2.2
Important information concerning installation and use of CARTO version 2.2. It is recommended to read this before downloading or installing software. Supersedes CARTO version 2.1.
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 or above, 1 GB available hard disk space, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above, PDF viewer. This installer will also install, if not already installed: .NET 4.6.1.