Quick and easy to use software for XL-80 and XM-60 laser measurement.
CARTO release 3.0
Now compatible with XR20-W to allow rotary axis measurement with an XL-80 or XM-60.
CARTO software suite guides the user through the workflow of the measurement process, from setting up a test to analysing the data.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, there will be regular releases of CARTO to add measurement types and features to support XM-60 and XL-80. See CARTO release comparison tables for more details on XL-80 laser functions in CARTO.
Features and benefits
The CARTO suite is made up of two applications; Capture to collect laser interferometry data and Explore to provide powerful analysis to international standards and more.
- Choose between 'target-based mode' or 'free-run mode' ('free-run mode' is only available with XM-60) to suit your application.
- Automatic sign detection. The directions of measured errors are automatically determined relative to the machines axes, reducing human error.
- Intuitive user interface allows new users to begin capturing data quickly with minimum fuss.
- Step-by-step flow for efficient navigation.
- Produce customised test reports with only a few clicks using Report builder.
- Overlay multiple results to see comparisons easily.
- Produce combined PDF results with all six error channels displayed in the format of the required international standards (available for XM-60 only).
- Easily import legacy files to the database using file importer function.
Free-run mode (XM-60 only)
- Two straightness errors and three angular errors are all plotted against linear position.
- Capture data immediately, without having to define the positions or even the number of targets. Perfect for on-the-fly investigations.
- Triggering can be manual (with a key press), automatic (based on stability of position) or continuous (captured during motion at a user-defined interval).
- Visual adjustments gauges give a live display of each error channel for feedback whilst making adjustments to the machine
Highlights for CARTO release 3.0
- New measurement mode for on axis rotary testing, supports both XL-80 and XM-60
- Rotary part program generation
- Import of legacy rotary data files into Explore
- Data analysis for dynamic and flatness measurements captured with LaserXL
- ISO 10791-4 analysis standard supported for linear measurements
Software download: CARTO 3.0 software suite
Release 3.0 - Issued June 2018: Combined installer for Capture and Explore in the CARTO software suite: - File importer enables users to transfer files from LaserXL to CARTO.
Software release note: CARTO release 3.0
Important information concerning installation and use of CARTO version 3.0. It is recommended to read this before downloading or installing software. Supersedes CARTO version 2.2 SP1.
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 or above, 64 bit operating system recommended, 2 GB available hard disk space, screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above, PDF viewer. This installer will also install, if not already installed: .NET 4.6.1 and Visual C++ runtimes for 2015 and 2017.